Marketing Project manager
Posted September 2017
The marketing project manager is responsible for turning a strategic vision into reality. The position works in a variety of roles that include facilitating client projects, executing campaign initiatives, and performing general administrative tasks related to project management. The project manager is responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end. The project scope can vary from single pieces of collateral to multifaceted, multichannel marketing campaigns.
Client Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Market, implement, and manage interactive communications strategies for clients
- Overseeing project progress with Global Vision contractors
- Participate in new business meetings and follow-up with an internal memo of ideas that can be incorporated into the proposal
- Participate in planning meetings with clients and contribute ideas to the overall strategy and ultimate client delivery
- Demonstrate professional pitching skills as well as an understanding of what type of media marketing the client needs, with the ability to secure those outlets
- Create and adhere to detailed project timelines
- Create and adhere to project budgets
- Continuously improve client management and communications strategy skills
- Facilitate creation of all web design, content, and applications for client projects
- Design and execute marketing campaigns for accounts including writing and placing press releases, op-eds, and video news releases
- Develop and manage client events from finding the target audience and creating a strategic message to booking speakers and locations
- Draft new business client proposals and marketing plans
- Represent the firm at a professional level and consistently strive to cultivate contacts via networking
Communication and Process
- Write error-free memos, proposals, contacts, press releases and other deliverables that will be sent to the client with minimal revision
- Draft major components of strategic communications plans that can be incorporated into client deliverable with minimal changes
- Demonstrate outstanding copy editing and writing skills
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment, flexibility and superior client service skills
- Efficiently prioritize tasks and responsibilities to achieve favorable outcomes
- Liaise with clients on a regular basis to update and report on their progress and success
- Proactively promote the client by generating positive news coverage, achieving product placement within broadcast, print, and online media and placing spokespeople as commentators
- Create and manage work plans that satisfy the terms of the contract
- Fulfill and carry out other duties as assigned
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or communications related major.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. HTML or graphic design knowledge a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing/sales a must.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Year-end Performance Bonus: 10-20% of base salary. Bonus will reflect the project manager’s financial contribution to the firm including but not limited to helping to acquire and renew clients, superior client service, creative contributions to firm development, and role in the firm’s growth.
Sales Bonus: Project Manager will receive 5% of the initial contracted retainer amount for any clients he or she is independently responsible for bringing into the firm. All new clients are subject to final approval of the President.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter with availability and a brief writing sample (e.g. press release, blog post, newsletter, news article, etc.) to email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA Associate
Global Vision Communications (GVC), a strategic marketing and advertising agency, is recruiting a Social Media Associate. The Social Media Associate will play a key role in building our clients’ and GVC’s social media presence, engagement and communities.
- Produce content for client social media channels
- Develop and execute social media growth strategies
- Real-Time Event Coverage
- Build and nurture relationships with key audiences
- Monitor the news cycle and industry news to create timely content for a variety of audiences
- Assist with social media analytics reporting
- Stay abreast of social media trends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to three years of experience in online communications and social media preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Vine, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working as part of a marketing or communications team a plus
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: While this opportunity is not currently available, we would like to keep resumes on file in the event an opportunity arises. If a position becomes available, a member of our team will contact you directly.